PlayBrave Champion - Jamie Murray
1. What’s the bravest moment of your career thus far?
Probably the Davis Cup match in 2015. We went into knowing that we had to win it for Team GB to continue in the competition and we got it done.
2. What’s your favourite thing about doubles tennis?
I like playing doubles because it’s fast, fun, I like the team dynamic of it and team communication.
3. If you could play any other sport professionally what would it be?
If I could be a professional at any other sport I would love to be a golfer.
4. Do you have any match day superstisions?
No real match day superstitions. I try to always take the ball from the same ball kid. I think a lot of players do that.
5. What would be your top tip for amateur doubles tennis players?
Definitely to find a partner you like playing with, that's the most important thing.
6. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
My phone! You can do anything with it, I could book a flight to Australia on that thing.
7. How do you celebrate your big wins?
Usually we're pretty low key, we go out for a nice meal with close family and friends.
8. Where do you get your mental strength from?
I get my mental strength from wanting to win. When I turn up at a tournament, I’m there to win! I’m not there to mess around and that keeps me focused each time I step on the court, whether its practice or whatever, I’m there to improve, perform, I’m there to win.
9. If you could play doubles with any other player who would it be.
It would be Daniel Nestor when he was at his peak as he was probably the best individual player in my generation.
Shop Jamie's Favourite PlayBrave Sportswear